When your body gets tired from carrying and dragging along multiple kilos of luggage, a folding luggage trolley is blessing. It’s a relatively compact hand-pulled device that makes light work of moving multiple heavy items such as suitcases and bags when travelling, particularly for families going on holiday.
A luggage trolley can also be used to transport other items such as shopping, sports equipment, camping gear or a child’s car seat. The added benefit of it folding neatly into a compact size makes it easy to carry and store when not in use.
With many airports in the UK now charging for the use of their trolleys, having one’s own means there’s one less thing to worry about. Now you can make travelling easier with our top 5 best folding luggage trolleys.
Our 5 Best Folding Luggage Trolleys
5. Go Travel Folding Luggage Trolley
Lightweight and compact, the Go Travel Premium Luggage Trolley is ideal for transporting luggage in any environment with flat and even floors such as airports. Its small wheels and compact frame ensures that it can be folded for ease of carrying when not in use.
The luggage trolley weighs only 1.63kg but can be used to transport loads of up to 40kg. Steel components make this cart durable and stable even when fully loaded. The handle is extra wide for comfortable pulling while a large foot plate and bungee cords ensures baggage is secured properly.
4. Rolson Folding Luggage Trolley | 42516
The Rolson Folding Luggage Trolley is a larger cart designed to hold heavier loads up to 70kg. Its industrial type frame is made of lightweight aluminium, keeping the weight of the product at just 3.2kg despite the larger size and carrying capacity.
A bungee cord is included to help keep luggage safely in place, and the double extendable telescopic handle has a rubber grip integrated for better handling.
3. Maplin Folding Luggage Trolley
Another trolley designed to hold up to 70kg is the Maplin Folding Luggage Trolley which is constructed of lightweight steel and plastic that totals around 3kg.
The telescopic handle extends to 1m, making pulling easy for shorter or taller people, and an elastic bungee cord holds contents in place securely.
Despite having a large base plate and generously sized wheels, not only can it carry larger items while being able to manoeuvre around easily, but it all cleverly folds up and inwards to become fairly compact.
2. Go Travel Premium Travel Trolley
If you’re looking for a lightweight and quick folding luggage trolley, then the Go Travel Folding Travel Trolley is precisely that, weighing only 1.6kg and being able to support up to 35kg.
Designed to fold and unfold fast, the lightweight frame packs into a compact and easy-to-carry size, making this cart a great travel companion on long trips as well as for frequent use.
1. Vango Transit Luggage Trolley
Designed for transporting heavy items safely and securely, the Vango Transit Luggage Trolley is ideal for carrying large suitcases and camping equipment. The trolley can be loaded with items up to 70kg, while the product itself weighs 4.5kg.
Despite not being particularly lightweight, the alloy frame, multiple rivet points and the large wheel size makes this cart strong, durable and easy to manoeuvre.
The 2-stage telescopic handle and the flipback design of the frame add to the ease of use. Whether you’re loading up the camping gear or helping the entire family transport their luggage, the Vango Transit Luggage Trolley will make your job much easier.
Top Features | Best Digital Luggage Scales
When deciding what the best folding luggage trolley is, there are a number of things to consider. Where and how often will be the trolley be used? How heavy are the items that need to be transported? Will the trolley need to be carried often?
These essential features will answer these questions for you, and determine the best folding luggage trolley for your needs:
- Maximum Weight Capacity – Luggage trolleys vary a lot in the maximum weight they can take. Compact trolleys are ideal for lightweight travel, but if you need to move heavier loads, make sure to choose a luggage trolley that is sturdy enough to handle the weight.
- Frame Construction – The quality of the frame construction, including the materials used, will determine how durable and lightweight the product is. Look out for high quality components and a robust design to get many years of service out of your luggage trolley. If you think you’ll need to carry your trolley often, pay particular attention to the weight of the product.
- Folding Mechanism – Having a trolley that can be folded and unfolded fast and is easy to use, can do a lot to minimise stress in many travel situations, especially if you’re in a rush to check-in.
- Telescopic Handle Construction – Handles come in different shapes and sizes. Look out for an easy-to-grip handle and adjustable length for comfort and to prevent strains.
- Base/Footplate Construction – The size and strength of the footplate determines what you can load onto your trolley. Be sure to check the dimensions of the base against your requirements.
- Integrated Bungee Cord – Bungee cords help secure items onto the trolley. If one is not included, it may be worth buying one separately if you plan on stacking several large items on top of each other.