Travelling should be seen as an adventure for kids, not a tiring journey. To get your children in the holiday spirit, a fun and colourful suitcase will do wonders. Here are 5 of the best kids suitcases that will help lighten the mood!Mobile and tablet users just swipe across...
|Our User Rating|
|Styles||13 Different Characters and Styles||Blue / Green / Red / Pink / White / Camo / Pink Spots||7 Different Colours||Black & Grey / Black & Pink / Blue / Pink||10 Different Styles|
|Size/s||46 x 31 x 21 cm - 18 litres||50 x 34 x 20 cm - 34 litres||18.5" / 20" / 24" / 28"||55 x 36 x 20 cm - 41 litres||43 x 29 x 14 cm|
|Weight||1.7 kg||N/A||N/A||2.2 kg||N/A|
|Wheels||4 Inline Wheels||2 Rear Wheels||4 Wheel Spinners||2 Rear Wheels||2 Rear Wheels|
|Lock||Front Keylock||None||Combination Lock||None||None|
|Use as Backpack|
|Warranty||5 years||5 years||1 year||1 year||1 year|
- Styles – You’ll find that many kids suitcases come in a wide variety of different styles, sometimes even moreso than suitcases for adults. Your kids will love picking out their own style to match their own character.
- Sizes – Many kids suitcases come only in one size that can cater to a wide age range, from toddler until they reach their school years (6-9 years). Storage capacity can widely vary for each suitcase so if your child doesn’t like to travel light, be sure to get them a suitcase with bigger space!
- Wheels – It’s easier for children, especially toddlers, to drag the suitcase along in one direction so most kids suitcases have 2 or 4 inline wheels. Few have multidirectional spinner wheels that allows the suitcase to freely move in any direction, but these kind of wheels tend to be better for older and taller children.
- Locks – Very few kids suitcases will have a secure locking mechanism built into the suitcase. Those that don’t will usually have zippers that allow small padlocks to enter and secure. The Trunki Ride-On suitcase actually has a plastic key and lock that is a unique concept which adds an adventurous element for kids.
- Use as a Backpack – Does the kids suitcase have shoulder straps so it can be worn as a backpack? Not many do, mainly due to the size and weight of the suitcase, but those that do, adds another option of carrying which your child may prefer.
- Hand Luggage – You’ll be glad to hear that practically all kids suitcases can be taken onboard a plane as hand luggage. Not only is this convenient, but it’ll also make the kids even happier knowing their belongings are nearby.
Other Things to Consider
Is my child too young or too old for a kids suitcase?
Generally, a kids suitcase is suitable for ages 2 to 9. The size of the suitcase will often determine what style is suitable but I’m sure you’ll find one that your child will like. Children older than 9 years of age will have bigger clothes and probably more things to pack so they’d need bigger suitcases.