Some people will argue how pointless it is to use packing cubes but reasons why some use it is because they help to compress and organise belongings to conserve space. They protect items from those dreaded liquid explosions as well.
The best travel packing cubes should be light, durable and provide enough space for you to pack your belongings into without taking up a lot of space within your suitcase.
So a packing cube that has a thick layer or build can take up that essential few centimetres within your suitcase. Is it really worth having that thick layer?
No it won’t do anything extra to protect your belongings and it will also add extra weight to your luggage which means you will have to bring less stuff there and less souvenirs back. We’ve put together 5 of our best packing cubes for travel so have a read through to help you decide the right one for your needs.
Our 5 Best Travel Packing Cubes
1. eBags Travel Packing Cubes
- Lightweight material – constructed with nylon and mesh fabric for minimal weight and provides lots of breathability
- Wide carry handle – for hanging and easy portability
- Interior seams along zip opening – prevents snags to clothing
- Variety of colours available – comes in a range of colours which include blue, yellow, grey and pink to give the inside of your suitcase its own colour personality
- Lifetime warranty
With its clear mesh panel, the eBags Packing Cubes provides the perfect solution to identifying the location of your favourite clothing. This means less need to rummage through your clothes to find what you want and messing up your carefully packed clothes. Designed with a webbed carry handle, this allows you to hang the cube up or carry it easily.
Made with a soft mesh fabric, delicate fabrics such as silk can even be packed inside without risk of snagging and other damages.
It also helps give items breathing space and along with the lightweight nylon fabric, it helps to keep odours out making it ideal for you to use clothes right away instead of having to air it out upon arrival at your destination.
Unzipping each cube is easy with its corded zippers and because of its interior seams, it’s durable and reduces the chances of snagging clothes in between the zips.
The build quality of these cubes are of a very high quality and is quite light so it wouldn’t take up much weight in your suitcase. They come in a variety of sizes and in sets and although they’re a bit pricey, they’re durable and will last for a long time.
2. AmazonBasics Travel Packing Cubes
- Durable quality – made with carefully designed interior seams and strong lightweight material.
- Easy to find items – large window mesh panels provide a good look into each packing cube so you can easily find what you need.
- Comes in a set of 4 with a variety of sizes available – ideal for organising accessories, toiletries and coats into.
- Available in different colours – including black, blue and green.
From Amazon’s range comes their own packing cubes which has been constructed with lightweight nylon and breathable mesh fabric. The wide mesh panels helps to provide visibility at a glance making it easy to find the items you need.
Made with a webbed carry handle, this allows users to hang the cubes if needed or to carry the cube separately. The double zippers are fitted with cords making it easier to pull open and close. It’s also designed well with interior seams for better durability and to prevent damage and snagging on your clothes.
Reasonably priced with decent quality to boost, the AmazonBasics’ Packing Cubes does the job in organising your belongings ready for travel without taking up much room in your suitcase. Available in a few different sizes which comes in a set of 4, there’s a cube for everything with the smallest size for toiletries and the biggest size can even fit king size duvet covers in.
3. Bago Travel Packing Cubes
- Durable ripstop nylon material – stain and splash proof to protect items inside the travel packing cube.
- Large mesh window – for easy identification of items inside.
- Includes organiser zip bags – free plastic zip bags to store smaller items and to keep them from getting wet.
With so many different sizes and colours to choose from, the Bago Packing Cubes provides an ideal solution for all types of travellers. Coming in a set of 4 in a mix and match of medium, large or slim sizes, you can organise small accessories to large towels in any of the travel cubes.
If you overpack, you can easily take one of the cubes out and take it on flight as a carry on without having to rummage through and pull stuff out.
Each packing cube is very light in weight thanks to the ripstop honeycombed pattern nylon which is durable and soft. With the very wide mesh panel stitched in on top of each cube, it makes identifying what’s inside each cube a lot easier. This means you can live out of each cube instead of your suitcase whilst on holiday yet everything stays clean and wrinkle and odour free.
The zip closure is fitted with a cord making it easy to open or close the cubes and they run pretty smoothly. Similar to the other 2 best travel packing cubes, this one is also made with interior seams for better durability and protects against snagging clothes in the zippers.
Although it’s pricier than the previous two, these Bago cubes are slightly more spacious and feels a bit softer. There’s more colour choices to choose from and there are free zip bags included.
4. Mountain Warehouse Travel Organiser Packing Cubes
- Hardwearing material – made from polyester which is tough to damage and tear
- Easy to use zips – large and corded so you don’t have to fiddle around with tiny zips
- Easily identifiable items – one side has a mesh panel for easy visibility of items
- Available in a set of 3 – comes in a small, medium and large size so you can organise toiletries and large clothing into
Made from hardwearing polyester material, the Mountain Warehouse’s Packing Cubes is the perfect size for anyone who is planning a backpacking trip. These come in a set of 3 and there’s the right size for any type of backpack. On one of the large sides of the cube, the entire surface area is covered in a black mesh window which makes it very easy to see what items are inside.
The cubes maintain its rectangle shape once full and if you’re using it for a backpack, it leaves plenty of space inside to fit other accessible items such as a water bottle. With the large corded zips, these enable you to open and close the cubes easily and without much noise.
For conventional travellers, the Mountain Warehouse’s Packing Cubes will do the job in keeping your stuff organised without spending a lot of money. It’s only available in the colour black but the quality is good and will see you through plenty of uses.
5. Eagle Creek Packing Cubes
- Tough ripstop nylon material – hardwearing and durable which will last a long time
- Water repellent – prevents liquid spills from damaging the items inside the cubes
- Mesh panel top – for easy visibility and breathability
- Lifetime warranty
The Eagle Creek Packing Cubes come in a variety of sizes and a few different colours but they’re all made from a tough and durable material. That material is 30D poly micro-weave nylon and LinkSeal mesh which is super light. The sizes are quarter, half and full which is basically small, medium and large and are spacious enough to fit a lot of items without losing its cube structure.
There’s a mesh window in the middle of the cube which makes it easy to see your items inside just like many of the best packing cubes for travel.
Constructed with a wide carry handle, the cubes can be used on their own making it ideal to use as hand luggage for flights or for short trips. The stainless steel two zips are long and big making it easy to grip on to pull open and shut for maximum compression.
Available in a set of 3 cubes, the Pack-It Original Cubes from Eagle Creek is quite pricey but it’s expected from a great brand with excellent quality to boot. It’s ideal for anyone who needs something very hard wearing or anyone who requires the best travel packing cubes to last them a long time.