When you’re going away on a short business trip, a full sized suitcase is too big and ordinary hand luggage is too small; the perfect fit would be a wheeled laptop bag, , also known as a rolling briefcase. This type of luggage is convenient as it has a dedicated laptop compartment and space for documents and clothes too. Here are 10 of the best wheeled laptop bags of 2018 compared and reviewed.
Alternatively, you may prefer to travel with a laptop backpack instead.Scroll across at the bottom of the table / mobile and tablet users just swipe...
|Construction||N/A||N/A||1200D Polyester||300D Polyester||N/A||Polyester / Nylon||500D x 500D 100 Polyester||Nylon||N/A||420D Denier Jacquard||Construction|
|Capacity||25 litres||N/A||N/A||48 litres||21 litres||30 litres||24 litres||N/A||N/A||30 litres||Capacity|
|Suits Laptops||Up to 15.6" Screens||• Up to 17" Screens|
• Removable laptop bag holds up to 15.6" screens
|Up to 16" Screens||• Up to 15.4" Screens|
• Laptop Case - 42 x 32 x 5 cm
|• Up to 17" Screens|
• Laptop Compartment - 39.4 x 6.4 x 33.1 cm
|Up to 16" Screens||• Up to 17" Screens|
• Laptop Compartment - 4.5 x 42 x 28 cm
|Up to 16" Screens||Up to 17" Screens||Up to 15.6" Screens||Suits Laptops|
|Padded Laptop Compartment||Padded Laptop Compartment|
|Removable Laptop Sleeve||Removable Laptop Sleeve|
|Lockable Zippers||Lockable Zippers|
|Luggage Handle Pass||Luggage Handle Pass|
|Hand Luggage||Hand Luggage|
|Dimensions||43 x 39 x 21 cm||42 x 38.4 x 23.8 cm||44 x 40 x 23 cm||47.5 x 44 x 23 cm||40.6 x 25.4 x 43.2 cm||19 x 39 x 32 cm||36.5 x 46 x 22 cm||32 x 19 x 55 cm||43.2 x 36.8 x 19 cm||44 x 36 x 18 cm||Dimensions|
|Weight||3.1 kg||4.4 kg||3.2 kg||3.2 kg||3.7 kg||3.2 kg||2.5 kg||2.8 kg||2.3 kg||2.25 kg||Weight|
|Warranty||3 years||3 years||Limited Lifetime||2 years||Limited Lifetime||3 years||5 years||Limited Lifetime||1 year||10 years||Warranty|
Top Features | Best Wheeled Laptops
- Our Rating – This is our own opinion based on product research of our own and other people’s usage and feedback. Clicking through to one of the featured products directs you to Amazon UK’s product page, where you’ll find genuine customer reviews. We highly recommend that you read what they say about the model you’re interested in.
- Capacity – This is the amount of storage space available within all the compartments added together, which is usually measured in litres. The bag’s layout and shape also contributes to how much and what you can hold inside.
- Suits Laptops – This is the laptop size the wheeled bag can hold, which is normally measured in the laptop’s screen size. However, to be completely assured that your laptop will fit, you’ll need to find out the dimensions of the laptop compartment. As an alternative to a wheeled laptop bag, you may also be interested in our Top 10 Best Laptop Backpacks.
- Padded Laptop Compartment – Is the laptop compartment padded? You’ll find that many of them are not as well padded as what you’d find in a laptop backpack. This is because the laptop compartment in a rolling briefcase is usually well guarded by compartments on both sides of it.
- Removable Laptop Sleeve – Certain wheeled laptop bags include seperate laptop cases and sleeves so your laptop is further protected either when placing it inside or taking your laptop out of the bag.
- Lockable Zippers – Are the zippers lockable via a padlock? Models that are usually only have one or two compartments that can be locked while the rest of the zipper pullers are normal.
- Luggage Handle Pass – Some wheeled laptop bags have a strap at the back which allows a telescopic handle from a suitcase to pass through, allowing it to sit snugly on top of the bigger suitcase.
- Hand Luggage – Can the wheeled briefcase be classed as hand luggage and taken on board flights? While most can, size limits differ for each airline so it’s best to check the airline’s hand luggage conditions first.
Our 10 Best Wheeled Laptop Bags 2018 Reviewed
1. Wenger 1904004
If you’re looking for a high quality Swiss made wheeled laptop bag with a slim profile, then the Wenger 1904004 fits the bill perfectly. This simple and professional bag has a large main compartment to store bulky items such as clothing, a middle compartment containing a removable laptop sleeve that can hold up to 15.6” screens, and a front organiser compartment where you can properly store smaller accessories.
2. Wenger Comp-U-Roller
The Wenger Comp-U-Roller is a beast of a briefcase on wheels, so it’s ideal for you if you need to travel with more belongings than the average person.
As with all Swiss Gear wheeled laptop briefcases, this model looks the part and has plenty of compartments and pockets, including one to hold a 10” tablet.
One of the other highlights is that it includes a matching laptop case (not a flimsy sleeve) that is able to hold up to 15.6” laptops, while the bag’s compartment itself can hold larger 17” laptops.
3. Targus TBR003EU Executive
Although it’s not as sleek looking as Wenger’s Swiss Gear wheeled laptop bags, the Targus TBR003EU can certainly match and in some cases, surpass some of their models on functionality. It’s generously spacious with 2 large compartments, one of which can hold up to a 16” laptop (although some users have managed to fit up to 17” laptops here), and a great front organiser compartment with plenty of different sized slots.
4. Delsey Oppono
With a capacity of 48 litres, the Delsey Oppono is the most spacious and largest, and some may say the best wheeled laptop bag on our list. Looking at the construction of the bag from the French manufacturer, it clearly spells quality.
The rear overnight compartment can completely open to fold flat or can be secured by the straps on both sides, while the divided middle compartment houses an included removable laptop case which holds up to 15.4” laptops. The front organiser section doesn’t have as many slots and pockets compared to other wheeled laptop bags, but the basic layout is deep and roomy.
5. Wenger 600659 GRANADA
The Wenger 600659 GRANADA is one for the most organised of people due to its generous amount of internal compartments and dividers, each of which has an adequate amount space.
This durable wheeled laptop briefcase essentially has three compartments – front for accessories, middle for folders, documents and a 17” laptop, and back for clothing. There’s actually a fourth compartment – a handy zipper pocket that’s useful for storing things you need to quickly access such as flight tickets or your mobile phone.
6. Wenger 600664 TRANSFER
Flexibility is the main focus of the Wenger 600664 Transfer. I consider it to be the most neatly designed wheeled laptop bag on this list, thanks to its limited compartments and layout of internal pockets.
The front compartment has a few slots for storing accessories, and it also houses a padded tablet slot for up to 10” tablets. The second and main compartment has a padded laptop section for a up to 16” laptops, a removable file divider and some other pockets for chargers and cables.
The great thing is, second compartment can be expanded by up to 5 cm should you need more space for clothing or extra folders.
Oh, and a wide zippered quick access compartment at the top is an added bonus to an already great roller bag.
7. Samsonite Guardit
Samsonite is often the go-to brand for quality luggage at a reasonable price point, and their Guardit wheeled laptop bag is no different. As is the case with most Samsonite business luggage, the Guardit looks highly professional and has a touch of style with its red accent.
Some worthy mentions are its large padded laptop compartment which can hold up to 17” laptops, and directly on the front of that is its 10” tablet pocket, which is also padded.
8. Targus TSB700EU City Gear
This is the only wheeled laptop backpack on our list and it’s there for a reason. There aren’t many of these types of bags to begin with, but the Targus TSB700EU deserves to be mentioned because it’s roomy, rugged yet comfortable, and well designed.
On its exterior, it has poly straps allowing you to attach items to the outside of the bag, while it has a multitude of zipped compartments around the backpack to keep you organised. This includes a compartment to house the included removable laptop sleeve for 15.6” laptops.
Of course, the main selling point of this wheeled laptop bag is the fact that you can also carry it like a backpack.
The well stitched and reinforced padded shoulder straps are durable and comfortable, and you need not worry about your back getting dirty from the wheels thanks to the protective bottom flap.
9. AmazonBasics Roller
I bet you didn’t know Amazon has their own wheeled laptop bag. Well now you do, and they’ve kept it as simple as possible without hindering too much on quality. This basically means that their roller bag is slim, lightweight and seemingly plain.
However, there are details that are to be appreciated including its thick, solid and grippy telescopic handle and faux leather panels around the bottom for a classy appearence.
It has a front organiser compartment that looks basic but has loads of slots, and a main compartment that houses the laptop section which can protect up to a 17” laptop. It’s not the most spacious briefcase on wheels, but it’s ideal for overnight stayers on a budget.
10. Aerolite Roller Case
The Aerolite Roller Case is the lightest and slimmest wheeled laptop bag on our list, so if those characteristics are priorities for you, then you should consider this bag, given its affordable price point.
This no thrills roller briefcase has some useful perks such as an exterior mesh pocket for holding bottles, something rarely seen in these types of bags, a tablet pocket in the front compartment and a removable padded laptop sleeve for 15.6” laptops.